Rancho Nevada Estates is an unincorporated master-planned community in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States. It is located in the Las Vegas Valley, approximately seven miles southeast of Downtown Las Vegas. Rancho Nevada Estates is a sub-community of the census-designated place of Spring Valley. The ZIP Code for Rancho Nevada Estates is 89135.
The area was first surveyed in 1855 by crews working for the Southern Pacific Railroad. The land was owned by two ranchers at the time, William A. Mott and Nathan B. Van Norman, who had purchased it in 1851 from Mormon missionary Jacob Hamblin (c. 1819–1887). However, because of the railroad’s interest in purchasing the property, they sold it to a group of investors, who incorporated it as part of the Las Vegas Land and Water Company on May 2, 1905. The first residential development occurred in 1957 when 2,000 acres were sold to homebuilder Billy Gamboa at $11 per acre; Gamboa sold single-family houses there beginning in 1960. Gamboa also began developing rental housing shortly afterward, filling out much of the Spring Valley area by 1965 with a total of 6,300 homes.
The development of Rancho Nevada Estates began in the late ’50s when it was envisioned as a master planned community. Prior to the development of this community, land developers were required by law to provide a “parkway” or street system for any housing tract.
Description: Rancho Nevada Estates was originally a cattle ranch and later evolved into an orange grove. The land was purchased in the late 1950s with plans to develop a master-planned community.
Rancho Nevada Estates is a census-designated place in Washoe County, Nevada, United States, located 10 miles (16 kilometers) west of Reno.
The population was 903 in the 2010 census. Rancho Nevada Estates is a wealthy CDP located about 3 miles (4.8 km) north of Reno and 1 mile (1.6 km) east of where US Route 395 merges with Interstate 80 at the “Spaghetti Bowl.”
Rancho Nevada Estates (also known as Rancho Nevada) is a former housing project in the Lincoln Heights neighborhood of Los Angeles, California. It was designed by architect Richard J. Neutra and built-in 1948-51. The complex was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1994.
It is located on a hillside near downtown Los Angeles, just west of Cal State LA, and just north of the L.A./Glassell Park border. It is bounded by North Broadway to the west and North Avenue 61 to the north.